Volcon ePowersports Is Redefining the Off-Road Experience with the Stag
The Volcon Stag is redefining the off-road experience. Built by enthusiasts for enthusiasts, the Stag is purpose-built with today’s leading technologies.
Volcon ePowersports only builds cutting-edge, off-road vehicles in a class of their own. Utilizing the latest EV technology, the Stag offers the same thrilling performance of a standard UTV without the noise (or pollution), allowing you to explore the outdoors with all your senses.
The Stag empowers the driver to explore the outdoors in a new and unique way that gas-powered UTVs cannot offer. The Stag is fully designed and developed by Volcon staff in Round Rock, Texas.
Class-Leading Power and Torque: With the class-leading 125 hp and 265 lb-ft of torque, the Volcon Stag offers exhilarating performance and an unmatched driving experience. The electric motor provides a flat torque curve delivering instant power the moment you touch the pedal, resulting in unparalleled off-road acceleration.
The Stag’s instant power and torque delivery provide a thrilling acceleration, speed recovery, and control on any terrain. It also offers the exclusive Paddle Shift with overboost mode as an accessory, which can increase overall motor output above 140 hp.
Driving Modes and 4WD: Selectable driving modes optimize performance or range according to their needs. ECO mode maximizes range with smooth power delivery and the Sport mode provides a more aggressive throttle response for better acceleration. The overboost mode, offered as an option, unleashes more than 140 hp, taking performance to a new level. The Tow mode restricts the vehicle’s maximum speed and builds the torque progressively.
The 4WD system activated on-demand enhances the Stag off-road capability at any terrain. It automatically engages the front axle wheels whenever the rear wheels lose traction and also manages the power distribution between wheels assuring better stability when cornering. The off-road activity is also assisted by the Crawl Mode which allows the vehicle to move slowly without using the throttle so the driver can manage the speed just using the brakes.
Cockpit: Volcon is here to redefine the off-road experience, inside and out. The Stag’s driver-centric cockpit is developed with two innovative displays that deliver unparalleled HMI – Human Machine Integration – with full control and visibility. Additionally, seat ergonomics and tilt-adjustable steering wheel allow for an ideal driving position.
Camera Integrations: Capturing and creating content has never been easier or more fun, with two built-in cameras and additional options available. The Stag comes with onboard computing hardware to process video clips of the action and a special rail for additional camera mounts, making every experience a shareable one.
Its unique features make it easy for drivers to interact with friends and community with real-time access to social media and other sharing platforms, using the Volcon App and a Sim Card.
Rider and passenger devices can always stay connected* and charged with multiple USB ports within the dash-mounted charging station.
The main dashboard displays essential info such as speed, battery charge, driving mode, brake regeneration, and energy consumption.
The central display is equipped with camera view, route planner, off-road gauges, connectivity*, and info about the vehicle status, providing full info for both rider and passenger.
*Wherever cell service is available, based on the user’s cellular service plan and coverage.
Work and Play: The Stag was purpose-built to enhance your adventure and utility, with no compromises. It’s the ideal Side by Side vehicle combining great performance for an exciting recreational ride with family and friends and is also capable and ready for utility and work.
Whether you need to carry cargo around the property, are looking to get to that hidden fishing spot, or even need to tow your boat to a nearby dock, the Stag is versatile for any experience.
Space and Cargo: Driver and passenger roominess was planned to accommodate 4 people and luggage at the same time and with comfort.
For additional cargo space, the rear seats fold down to expand the cargo space to 26.7 cu ft.
Stag is also a strong partner ready for work and leisure, with 1,550 lbs of payload and 2,000 lbs of max towing capacity – with Towing mode selected.
Accessories: a complete line of accessories will be available to build a machine that fits your needs, including wind protection, hard storage, soft storage, winch, bumper options, sound system, and lighting.
Handling & Stability
Perfect balance: The Stag’s suspension includes fully adjustable shocks, specially designed to ensure great handling. The batteries and motor position contribute to a low center of gravity, which significantly improves stability when cornering and offers a better ride experience in all-terrain.
Enhanced Tires: High-performance BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM3 tires come standard and are designed to enhance electric UTV vehicle performance, resulting in improved range for even more adventure. Where will you take it?
Space for Everyone: More space and more comfort truly make the Stag a premium off-road vehicle. A larger cockpit allows more space between the driver and passengers along with ergonomically designed premium seats as standard, creating a commanding position for the driver to become one with the machine.
Optimal Seat Positioning: An optimal reach-to-wheel position along with adjustable power-steering and seating system design creates a unique connection between the driver and the machine, allowing the driver to feel even more in control without sacrificing the comforts of modern-day technology.
Battery and Charging
Battery Components: The Stag is built with an advanced high voltage power distribution module, motor inverter, onboard charging module, DC to DC converter, EV control module, torque controls, AC compressor, battery high voltage connector, HV cooling pump, battery pump, HV cooling reservoir, and battery cooling reservoir.
These components, having already been tested and validated, will offer Volcon UTV buyers peace of mind and confidence in knowing the drivetrain is backed by world-class research and development teams. Volcon believes the Stag will deliver a unique driving experience, combining performance and excitement that only an EV can provide, innovative connectivity, and flexible utility that make the vehicle perfect for adventure and work.
Range: With an expected range of over 100 miles on one charge, the Stag offers multiple drive modes to extend range while utilizing other technology to support the battery system, such as regenerative braking. A digital interface will provide the battery percentage readout and average consumption data so the user will be informed of the remaining available charge.
Charging: The Stag 7.2 kW onboard charger allows the vehicle to be charged in less than 6 hours when using Level 2 charging.
Cost of Ownership / Service & Warranty
Cost of ownership beats current gas-powered UTVs in the market. The closed motor system means no oil changes, no filter changes, no belt changes, and no transmission fluid to worry about. Brakes will also last longer as a result of the regenerative braking system taking some of the pressure off of the braking system and turning that into power for the vehicle.
- Horsepower: 125 / above 140 hp*
- Torque: 265 lb-ft
- Range: above 100 miles
- Charge Time: less than 6 hours**
- Motor: 107 kW
- Battery: 42 kWh
- Top Speed: 80 mph
- Payload: 1,550 lbs
- Bed Volume: 13.4 / 26.7*** cu-ft
- Wheel Base: 121″
- Vehicle Width: 64″
- Towing: 2,000lbs****
- Capacity: 4 people
- Drivetrain: 4WD on demand
* with optional power boost
** with level 2 charging
*** with rear seats folded
**** with Tow Mode engaged
Starting at $39,999
Find it at: https://www.volcon.com/stag
IMAGES IN FILE: Vehicle displayed is a prototype. Images may be simulated and/or enhanced using visual effects. Vehicle is displayed with options that may not be available on standard models. Vehicle, including supported features, and vehicle availability may differ depending on your location.
- How much is a Volcon Stag reservation?
- $100 per unit
- What is a Volcon Stag reservation?
- By making a reservation for a Volcon Stag, you will secure the purchase of Stag when they are available in dealerships. Your place in line will be based on the time and order that your reservation is received. Once your reservation is confirmed, a dealer will contact you to complete the purchase of your Stag when it is built and available for pick up from your dealership.
- Is my Volcon Stag reservation refundable?
- No. Due to high demand, reservations are non-refund.
- How do I make a Volcon Stag reservation?
- To make a reservation for a Stag, click the “Reserve Today” button, this will take you to a page with payment options for your reservation.
- Can I make a Volcon Stag reservation if there are no dealers in my area?
- Yes! We will assign your reservation to the closest dealership. If you have a preferred dealership, please be sure to select that dealership at the time of your reservation. Your Volcon Stag will be made available for pick up at your closest dealership but you may also contact a dealer to make other arrangements as possible.
- I made a reservation, what’s next?
- Once you make your Stag reservation, you will receive a confirmation email. Volcon will send updates about the progress of manufacturing and delivery dates as they are available. You may also receive a call from your local dealership to confirm your reservation. We welcome you to stay in touch with your local dealership directly as well.
- Does my reservation guarantee that I will receive a Volcon Stag?
- Yes! The Volcon Stag is expected to be a very popular vehicle. This means that if you make a reservation, you are guaranteed to receive a unit based on the order your reservation is received. If we sell out, we will continue to take waitlist reservations.
- What is the expected delivery date for my Volcon Stag?
- Current plans estimate delivery of the Volcon Stag to reservation holders in Summer 2023.
- Who can I talk to with Questions about my Volcon Stag reservation?
- We encourage you to stay in touch with your local dealer and, as always, you can also contact Volcon directly at [email protected].