What happens when you are not hydrated?
Slower response times, poor coordination, lack of focus and problem solving skills. These symptoms are not helpful during a grueling off-road race in the heat. Here are some tips to keep you sharp during your race:
- Start extra hydration at least one week before the race. You can tell that you are getting enough water when your pee is pale yellow to almost clear.
- Limit caffeine and alcohol.
- Replace electrolytes. The more you sweat without replacing electrolytes, the faster you will get dehydrated. Use a supplement like Skratch Sport Hydration.
- Don’t over hydrate. Take small, frequent sips to avoid over drinking. For the ultimate race hydration solution, check out the Fluid Logic system.
Check out all of the hydration products available from PCI and enter our giveaway below for a chance to win a great package to stay hydrated.
It’s CRAZY hot outside, which is why we want to help you keep hydrated by doing another awesome GIVEAWAY! We are giving away a hydration package that includes: In helmet Hydration Kit with free installation by PCI Technician, 1 Camelbak Unbottle and an entire box of skratch hydration drink mix. Staying hydrated while riding or racing in the heat is crucial, don’t miss this chance to win some free tools to keep your body hydrated and your head in the game.
➔ How to enter:
– Follow @pciraceradios on Instagram
– Tag 2 friends in the comments. Each tag must be a separate comment! (more tags = more entries)
– Repost this post to your story for extra entries!
Entries close on Wednesday, July 21st at 11:59pm PST. Winner will be drawn Thursday, July 22nd. Must be 18+ and live in the US to enter. This contest is in no way affiliated with Instagram.