THE ALL-NEW, CENTER-COCKPIT RZR® RS1 IS HERE
Most Agile RZR Ever Built, Features 110 HP and Industry First Single-Seat SxS to Deliver the Unique Combination of Power Meeting Precision
KEY FEATURES of the Polaris RZR RS1:
- 110 horsepower from the ProStar 1000 H.O. DOHC twin engine
- Touted as a true “driver’s machine” with low sight lines, more balanced chassis with center seat configuration, big suspension numbers (16 inches front & 18 inches rear), and rally-inspired braking system with the option for single- or two-foot driving.
- 64 inches wide
- 83 inch wheelbase (shortened 7 inches compared to the RZR XP1000)
- RZR XP1000 suspension components with compression-adjustable Walker Evans shocks
- Driveline and Powertrain has been significantly updated to Turbo-model specs for more durability and refinement
- Radiator has been relocated to the back of the vehicle and includes 2 fans and a larger overall capacity for increased cooling
- Intakes are located high in the cage
- 20 vehicle-specific accessories available at launch
- Available in Polaris dealerships February 2018
- 2 colors available: White Lightening, Black Pearl
- MSRP: $13,999
MINNEAPOLIS (January 31, 2018) – Polaris is putting every open space and green-, desert- or mountain-trail on notice with the arrival of the world’s first single-seat RZR, the RZR RS1. The all-new RZR RS1 solo-cockpit format delivers a heightened sense of control and takes the hard-charging trail riding experience to another level, thanks to the perfect balance of power and precision.
The RZR RS1 is the ideal machine for a real driver’s driver looking to push beyond their limits, free from care or concern of a backseat driver. The single-seat center-of-mass position
unlocks high-visibility sightlines to oncoming terrain and provides increased balance and feel within the chassis. The race-inspired driver ergonomics and new steering position create extra room for active arm and leg movement. The RZR RS1 is also equipped with a new brake system, giving drivers the option of traditional single-foot action or rally-inspired two-foot performance.
“The thing that you notice, right away with the RZR RS1, is that it’s much more of a driver’s machine, and it really ties you more in the driving experience” said Tanner Foust, 3-time World Rally Cross Champion. “You have center-cockpit, you have the involvement in seeing the tires, and you have everything great about the fun of driving, taken up a notch. Personally, I think the RZR RS1 is about the gnarliest little wicked beast of a machine, that I have ever driven.”
The ultra-nimble 64” width RZR RS1 features a 110-HP ProStar 1000 H.O. 4-Stroke DOHC Twin Cylinder, the RZR XP® 1000’s suspension, upgraded drivetrain and compact, 83-inch wheelbase. The new precision-balanced chassis features a rear-mounted, dual-fan radiator for maximum engine cooling and a new race-hardened drivetrain for durability and instantaneous power. The RZR RS1 also adopts the trailing-arm suspension of the RZR XP 1000, to absorb unrelenting obstacles for the smoothest possible driving experience as you scythe through the most twisting of trails.
The RZR RS1 boasts 20 vehicle-specific accessories and comes in White Lightening and Black Pearl. The performance and power packed RZR RS1 starts at a price of just $13,999 and will be available in dealerships in February.
Editor’s Note: Look for an EXCLUSIVE First Drive of the all-new Polaris RZR RS1 in the February 2018 issue of UTV Sports Magazine. Subscribe to our monthly magazine HERE for free!